Information for Patients of McFadyen Family Eyecare
Starting on May 4, 2020 our office will begin to have normal office hours. We ask for your patience as we find a new “normal” for our office.
We are practicing social distancing to protect you as well as our staff so we will be seeing patients on a limited basis. Please be aware of the following changes:
1. This is very important- please bring your mobile phone with you so you can call us on arrival to the office. Our phone number is 513-752-2100. If you do not have a mobile phone, please knock on the door.
2. This is mandatory- everyone who enters must be wearing a mask or face covering and it must remain on at all times.
3. Due to the current situation, we are asking that you please monitor your temperature for at least 24 hours prior to your appointment. If, during that 24 hour time period, you have a temperature of 100 degrees or more, any cough, tightness in your chest or shortness of breath, sore throat, loss of smell, nausea or close contact with someone who is suspected of or has tested positive to COVID-19, please call to reschedule.
When you arrive for your appointment:
• Call the number listed above to let us know that you are here. We are asking that you stay in your vehicle until a staff member talks to you. You will be asked several screening questions.
• To maintain our social distancing practices, ONLY PATIENTS AND NECESSARY CAREGIVERS (MAX. 1 PER PATIENT) WILL BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE OFFICE. We ask others to wait in the car.
• Your temperature will be taken. Anyone with a temperature above 100.4 will be asked to reschedule. If your temperature is below 100.4 (and you have no other symptoms of COVID-19), you will be asked to sanitize your hands.
• You will then be taken to registration, if needed, to the waiting room,or straight back to begin the eye examination.
Actions We Are Taking at Our Practice
• We are disinfecting thoroughly on a daily basis & common areas are disinfected throughout the day.
• We are requiring all employees to wear face masks.
• We have developed an extensive room cleaning protocol. All instruments used for patient examination and all room surfaces will be cleaned after every patient encounter. This will be completed prior to you entering the building, not when you are in the room. This will allow us to decrease face-to-face time between staff and patients.
• We will disinfect all frames used during glasses frame selections prior to being placed back on display.
• We will be operating by appointment only. If you need to pick-up glasses or contact lenses, please contact our office BEFORE you come to arrange a time. This allows us to maintain social distancing as best we possibly can.
• If you need a glasses adjustment or repair, please contact our office by phone or email so we can determine the best time to have you visit our office.